Wednesday 23 October 2013

Arriving in Florida

Hello everyone & thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

I am currently a Cultural Representative at The Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in the UK Pavilion in Epcot.

I have been in the USA for over 10 weeks now - It has been a crazy 10 weeks at that and I apologise for not keeping you all up to date! 
On Tuesday 13th August, myself and Eleanor (my friend from university) departed Belfast after saying goodbye to our families. After a stopover in Newark Airport, we arrived in Orlando; exhausted after a 15 hour journey & spirits dampened by the fact that the airport had held back our luggage.

However; we were both extremely excited to start our amazing Disney adventures! 

Once we had disembarked our flight, we were picked up by Eddie, one of my friends from home who lives in Orlando. We walked out of the airport and felt the Florida heat for the first time; wow - it was hot!

We then made our way to Vista Way to find out where we were living! 

After signing some forms & collecting our housing ID's, a lady called Brittney drove us to our new apartment in Patterson Court. It was amazing! There were three bedrooms, with two beds in each - six of us altogether. 

We met our new housemates the next morning; three of us (Eleanor, Geraldine and myself), were all from Northern Ireland, Natalie from England, Helena from Germany and Synnove from Norway. Everyone was extremely welcoming and excited to be in the States!

Once I had recovered from the jet-lag; I started to decorate my side of the bedroom. I put up dozens of photos from home, along with my 'Good Luck' cards and my lucky Irish flag!

At this point, I couldn't actually believe that I was in the States. Before this, I had only ever been to London and Manchester! Pretty crazy for a little home-bird!

A few days after we arrived, it was time for traditions and training. It was very exciting to finally meet up with our fellow cast-members from various different countries who would all be working in the World Showcase at Epcot!

The Adventure had commenced!

No comments:

Post a Comment