Thursday 31 October 2013

Michael & Kathryn's Visit - August 2013


Some time before I had accepted my place on the Cultural Representative Program, my brother had booked a holiday to Florida with his girlfriend Kathryn. 

They arrived 10 days after I had left for the States - so we were able to meet up and go to Disney and sample the nightlife!

My brother Michael & myself
I also have a friend from back home; Eddie, who currently lives and works in Orlando. So the four of us decided to go to Hooters for some food and drinks. We went on a bit of a bar crawl after that; to the Lucky Leprechaun, an English Pub and finally, Murphy's Pub.

A few days later, we decided to go to Hollywood Studios for the day. It was also my first time being in the park, as I had only been in the States for a few weeks and hadn't had much time to explore. 

Unfortunately, I only got to meet up with Michael and Kathryn a few times, but I had so much fun when they were out here and it helped me settle in that little bit easier. Hopefully I might see them sometime throughout the year for another holiday!

Eddie, Emily, Aaron and myself
However, as well as my brother and Kathryn coming over to Florida, my cousin Emily and her boyfriend Aaron also came over and we were able to meet up on the last night of their trip. We went to the Lucky Leprechaun for a few drinks before they headed home.

It was amazing to be able to see some familiar faces from home, and I'm so glad that I was able to spend time with them. Such exciting times - and I'd only been here three weeks!

Meeting Goofy at Hollywood Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment