Thursday 31 October 2013

Snippets of September - NFL Sundays, Food & Wine Festival and meeting Mary Poppins!

September; my first full month in Florida! It was a bit of a whirlwind experience - I was still getting used to everything. The heat, my surroundings, the job, the people, the food especially. There's no such thing as Nutty Crust and Heinz Baked Beans for lunch over here. There's no such thing as a plate of your mum's Special Sunday Roast. Most of the food is pretty bland to be honest! 

Living in Florida has required a lot of adjustment and adapting to a different environment - but it has been extremely fun! September has had its ups and downs of course; some of the highlights have been getting to visit some of the Disney Parks, meeting and spending time with new friends, learning more about my job and the history of Disney, and having a good time!




My days off are a lot of fun; we have an amazing pool and fitness center at our apartments which is amazing!

During September, I have had the chance to go exploring on my days off; including some of the parks, Mickey's Retreat and I have had a taste of the nightlife also!

Also, September was the month when the NFL started back; which meant NFL Sundays!

Whether it was Orlando Ale House, or Buffalo Wild Wings; we always seemed to have fun on NFL Sundays! I even met a group of amazing people from New York who were watching the NFL in the same bar as us. Despite the fact I know absolutely zero about NFL, it has still be fun to go out and have fun, and have some food and drinks with good company and good entertainment!

September was also the month in which the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival began. Food & Wine is an annual event in which guests can taste their way around the World Showcase. My favourite Food & Wine stand is Ireland; where they serve amazing Fisherman's pie, and a selection of Kerry-gold cheeses - a tasty treat from home!

The Food & Wine Festival lasts for six weeks and runs until mid-November; and Epcot gets extremely busy during this time, especially on the weekends! Events like this make working at Walt Disney World that little bit more special!


September has been a fun few weeks for me in Florida; having met lots of new friends and starting to settle in to a routine. I've had lots of fun so far and can't wait for more adventure and excitement. I'll sign off September with a nice photo of me with Mary Poppins - who is practically perfect in every way! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment