Tuesday 12 November 2013

October Adventures - Volunteering, Mickey's Retreat, and a Missing Minion!

October has been filled with adventure and excitement; I've been working a lot more and earning more money, I was able to visit the Disney parks a few times, and I have spent some amazing time with amazing people! 

As well as this, I found out that I have been accepted to volunteer with Special Olympics Florida and I have also been accepted to volunteer at the Arnold Palmer Invitational Golf Tournament in Orlando in March! I'm so pleased to be able to volunteer here in Florida, because I'm so involved with volunteering back home - especially with Special Olympics Ireland!

October has been an amazing month - and I was able to visit Mickey's Retreat for the first time, which is an area for cast members and friends to chill out and have some fun! It has two pools, paddle boats, volleyball beach courts, a play-park area, football pitches, basketball courts an tennis courts! Pretty amazing eh?

Me and Geraldine (my amazing housemate), go to Mickey's Retreat a lot because we both have Friday off work and we enjoy being able to chill out and spend some time together.

October was also a pretty significant time during my program because I finally started to go out more! Back at home I love going out with my friends, but for some reason it took me quite a while to finally move out of my comfort zone and make new friends. 

'Lasses' has been a major boost to my happiness over here in Orlando; because it's the one night a week when all the girls in the UK Pavilion can get together for a few drinks and have an amazing time! I had my first Lasses in October, and haven't missed a week since! There are some amazing people who I love spending time with and I'm so glad I've finally got involved with everything!

Not only this, I made an amazing new friend in the first week of October; and you may be surprised as to who it is..

I bought a HUGE minion from a guy who works in the UK Pavilion for 5 bucks. That's an absolute steal for a life sized yellow creature; who we eventually named Kevin. He is now Apartment 16206's new mascot!

As with all friends in life - you go through your ups and downs. Kevin has been an absolute delight to have around the house; his mere presence always brings a smile to my face.

So I was absolutely devastated to wake up one morning after Lasses, and he was gone; along with some of my potatoes (P.s, you should never steal potatoes from an Irish person).

Silly me decided to have a drunken power nap (that lasted, like 12 hours), and when I woke up to find he had disappeared, I was extremely sad and tearful. (The effects of the previous night's antics did not make me feel any better either).

So I made it my mission to get him back!

Well, actually, that was a lie; in totally honesty, I was always too tired or working to go and get him back - and he ended up in yet another persons apartment. He must have felt so homesick! 

We finally got him back a few weeks later - and he is now happy and content at being back in 16206, and is having the time of his life! I made him a promise that I will never let anyone steal him, ever again! :)

So that's it for October's Adventures! I hope you've enjoyed my posts and I promise I will update you all again soon. I will leave you all with a photo of me having a blast at Magic Kingdom! Adios amigos! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment