Tuesday 12 November 2013

October Adventures - Andrew's Visit!

Okay, so I got a message from my friend Andrew in September saying 'I might be coming to Florida'. Totally didn't believe him - but then I got another message a few weeks later saying, 'I'm coming to Florida'! I was so excited to see another familiar face from home!

When he arrived, he brought me lots of chocolate from home - Freddos, Dairy Milk Caramels, Wispas, and Brandy Balls. He also collected some spray deodorant from my mum because Americans don't use spray deodorant!


We first met up and went to Hollywood Studios. Andrew's friends Michael and Caitriona came along - so we decided that we would visit the American Idol auditions first. Michael and Caitriona are both amazing singers, so they decided to audition. Little did we know how it would all end later that evening..

Caitriona was first up - singing a rendition of Kelly Clarkson's 'A Moment Like This'. The producer seemed to enjoy it! Michael sang ' Your Song' by Elton John, and she loved it as well! They both got through to the next round of producers; so we were brought to a VIP Coke Lounge where Andrew and I waited until they were finished.

Good news - Caitriona got through to the live stage show that evening! We were given a time to return to American Idol - so we had a quick walk around Hollywood Studios before we returned.

When we arrived, we were given VIP seats to watch the show! 

We waited for Caitriona to perform, and she was the last act on stage. She was incredible! The audience loved her, and luckily they voted for her to go through to the Grand Finale later that evening! 


To kill some time before the Grand Finale - we went on Toy Story Mania - which was so much fun! 


We also grabbed a bite to eat, and had a few pictures taken before we headed back to the American Idol attraction.

Again, we were brought to the VIP seats, and Caitriona was scheduled to be the last singer. After everyone had performed, the decision was down to the audience. We waited in anticipation whilst the crowd voted; and when the result was announced - Caitriona had won!! 

Her prize for winning the show was a 'Dream Ticket', which can be used at any American Idol Audition in the USA, and entitles her to skip the queue at the auditions; and the ticket never expires!

What a day! As we left, several people had waited behind to meet Caitriona and get photos. It's safe to say she felt like a celebrity!

A few days later, I had some time off from work so I stayed in the hotel with everyone so we could go to Magic Kingdom the next day. 


Andrew had never been to Florida before - and he absolutely loved Magic Kingdom. We were able to pack so much into one day, including checking out all the merchandise stores, meeting Gaston, and getting to see the amazing parade! (Which conveniently rhymes with my name).
After a majorly long day at Magic Kingdom, we decided to head to Epcot to watch the fireworks and illuminations; even though I get to watch them every night at work! 

I also bought everyone some chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop which I work in; and they loved them!

After Illuminations, it was time to head home, Andrew going back to the hotel, and myself going back to my apartment. It was the last time I saw him before he headed back to Ireland so it was pretty sad saying goodbye! I wish the visit could have lasted longer because I had an amazing time - and hopefully they will want to come back again before my cultural representative program ends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment